Thread: POP-UP HELL!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2002, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Robert

OK I just spoke to AOL and they gave me some help. Beleave that some help form AOL? Well here is what they told me to do.

Dear Robert,

Hello, it's me Yvette from Members Help Interactive, and I am writing you in follow up on our conversation.

In response to your concern, may I please refer you to the information I have supplied for you below. Thank you.

When a pop-up window appears while visiting a specific website, your browser actually reads a command or web code in that specific web page. Web programmers or designers create these web codes in their website for advertising or design purposes.

You may contact the Webmaster of the site for further information and for help accessing the site.

To e-mail the Webmaster, send e-mail to WEBMASTER@servername.com.

For example if the site is on JUNO.COM, you would send e-mail to the following name:

WEBMASTER@JUNO.COM

However, you may consider the steps on how to disable the JavaScripts if you wish to temporarily disable the pop-up advertisements on websites.

TO COMPLETELY REMOVE ALL POP-UP ADS IN AOL 8.0

1. Sign on to AOL.
2. Click SETTINGS on the Toolbar and select PREFERENCES.
3. Click INTERNET PROPERTIES (WWW).
4. Click the SECURITY TAB, then click the CUSTOM LEVEL button.
5. The Securities Settings window will appear, please scroll down on the list and look for the SCRIPTING section.
6. Set the ACTIVE SCRIPTING to DISABLE.
7. Click OK.
8. When you get this prompt "Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone?" click YES.

If you are using the Internet Explorer and accessing AOL Anywhere website, please follow the steps below:

1. Double click the INTERNET EXPLORER icon in your desktop.
2. Click the TOOLS menu on the toolbar, then choose INTERNET OPTIONS.
3. Click the SECURITY TAB, then click the CUSTOM LEVEL button.
4. The Securities Settings window will appear, please scroll down on the list and look for the SCRIPTING section.
6. Set the ACTIVE SCRIPTING to DISABLE.
7. Click OK.
8. When you get this prompt "Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone?" click YES.

There are some sites that actually do something useful with JavaScript. In order for those sites to work properly you'll need to go back and enable it. Make sure you do this if a site does not seem to be working properly.

NOTE : I would appreciate it very much if you will let me know the results of this via email so I can be able to provide you additional information if needed. Please send an email to my screen name AOLTechHYD@aol.com.

Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your time, patience and continued support.

It is my wish for you to have the best possible online experience. Enjoy America Online!

Take Care and Have a great day!

Your Online Friend,
Yvette J

AOLTechHYD
Technical Department
Member Help Interactive
AOL Member Services, Inc.

May I reiterate my commitment in continuing to provide you competent and efficient online services.