View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Default Stupid Buyers, Stupid Sellers?

Posted By: Jeff Obermeyer

<<Did you ever think that maybe the seller does not know where to find out how much something cost. For instance I have a Houston colt .45s - 1962 baseball card I have had it for well over 6 years I don't know where to find the info about it and that is why i haven't sold it cause someone like you might think oh well that dumb women sold that card to cheap her lost my gain>>

Gee... if someone is going to sell something, and they think it might be valuable, maybe they should invest some time in trying to find out how much it's worth. There's this great new thing now... it's called the internet. People use it to get information.

As an example, let's examine a hypothetical 1962 baseball card. You could search on various web sites for info, you could post on bulletin boards asking for info, you could go to a local card shop, you could go to a bookstore and look at a price guide, you could see if anyone you know collects, you could search eBay for comparable items either for sale or which have closed... there are lots of different ways to find out the potential value of your item.

My point is that if someone puts this item on eBay for a BIN price then that implies to me that that is how much they want for it.

BTW - no where in my post did I state or imply that the seller who doesn't know the value of their item is "dumb".

Jeff