View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Default Next year's Standard Catalog cover

Posted By: Julie Vognar

sensors. I've heard good AND bad about the dogs (as cute as they are). Maybe something more general, like "great left-handed pitchers," "right-handed pitchers" "sluggers" "shortstops"--stuff like that--you'd have great cards to choose from and a semi-theme. Or great Dodgers, Yankees (or old name), Athletics, Red Sox (or Stockings), Reds (by any other name as well), Cubs (ditto), White Sox (also by any other name)--unfortunately, if you're going to need a card from way back, the Twins faction around here is REALLY going to get upset (unless they don't mind being called Washington). Again, you'd really have your choice of cards. And you want the cards to knock your sox off! How about the previous year's World Series participants? Can't take a bad picture of Eckhart! Or Bonds...

In other words, more boring ideas will yield better cards!

Frankly I don't like ANY of the suggested themes, except the international one isn't bad--but are there really great cards of all those people? You have to consider the cards as well as the names.

I'm really glad you did the 'dog" theme--that Old judge card is great. Giambi is nice, too.

Gee, too bad Tejada doesn't have a dog, heh, heh.