View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Default T207s are rising in price-SCD 2003

Posted By: TBob

and you'll get 5 different answers on back scarcities. I agree with Leon, the Red Cycle is the prettiest from an aesthetic standpoint. Some say the Broadleaf is toughest, some say Cycle, some say Anonymous (not to be confused with the other Anonymous factory back which appears on BOTH tough and common cards, watch out for it!)
I think that at one time the Anonymous was considered scarcest by old time collectors. The popularity of back collecting in the T206 set caused a lot of interest in the Broadleaf backs in the 207 set and for a while it was the flavor of the month. Now it appears to be Cycle. In surveying my cards, I find that they almost exactly break even 33 1/3% each. I don't have the Uncle Scroogian coin like Leon to afford a Red Cross so I'll make do
One other thing: almost every single vintage card book I have seen of any credibility in the last 15 years which predicts market upside in cards lists the T207 set as the one tobacco card set with the most upside potential, even taking in to consideration the collector-dislike of many to the brown and tan colors as opposed to the brighter and more vivid colors of most other sets. We'll see...