View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Default T207s are rising in price-SCD 2003

Posted By: TBob

I guess I played a small role in this as this was one of the sets I surveyed and listed suggested prices for, at Bob's request. The old listed prices for the tougher T207s were WAY out of line with reality and at first glance at the new book, they are much more in line. It shouldn't affect too many of you on the board because with the exception of about 3 or 4 of us, no one is collecting them anyway.
Bob Lemke deserves credit for soliciting collector input in to the pricing structures for vintage cards. We are the ones who know what we have to pay and what cards actually sell for, in auctions or person to person transactions. A lot of us are set builders (mine are the T205, T206, T207 and E90-1 through E98 card sets, put together card by card)and so we KNOW which cards are the tough ones to find because we have spent years looking for them everywhere.
I did chuckle to see one of my cards picture though, the Old Put Cigar Clarke tobacco card, formerly known as the E98 Clarke Ole Put (kind of like the artist formerly known as Prince). Amazing how this card went from being a caramel card to being a tobacco card. Still it was a kick to see my card, something I am sure most of you have already experienced through the years.