View Single Post
Old 08-22-2002, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Default Can the little guys ever win in Mastro?

Posted By: runscott

...but that doesn't make it stupid. As long as one of our major parties can stay in existence by promising to take from those who work and give to those who don't, the problem will always exist...well, until there are not enough working stiffs to support those who don't work. That would be called the erosion of the middle class, which, BTW, is already in full swing.

And I also have plenty of Liberal ideas, but sitting on my butt and waiting for welfare checks is not one of them. Also, like Leon, I have been out of work at various points in my life. I took part-time work hanging sheet-rock at minimum wage, and at another time carrying boxes for moving companies. And no, I never developed sudden back problems and screamed "workman's comp!". I also have never had the pleasure of using a $20 food stamp to buy candy bars and Pepsi, then using the change to buy lottery tickets, but I HAVE seen it done. I also had a very large (muscles) man ask me for money yesterday. I have no doubt that he could have kicked my butt in a second and taken my wallet, which would imply that he also could have flipped a burger...OMG! I didn't suggest such a cruel fate for that poor man, did I?!? If I were truly sympathetic I would head to the SE side of Atlanta for my weekly affirmative action beating, but I need to stay healthy so I can keep supporting these folk.

And you're right, George Bush hasn't supported that system - shame on him.