View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Default Grade Tech - WOW! More and more, I really like this company

Posted By: Mike Williams

but I want to mention a few things: SGC did admit to the "Merkle boner" with the T206 Doyle, PSA I can't speak for. I feel pretty safe in saying that mislabeling holders isn't the meat and potatoes of this debate. The bottom line with a grading company is trust. You should be able to speak to a live, knowledgeable person about your cards and even question why a card was graded a certain way (communication is HUGE). The company needs to be consistent with their grading and treat a "one card submission" from a 12 year old kid the same as a 100 card submission from prominent dealer.

These things (and many not mentioned) promote this trust. I really don't think Grade-Tech's mission is to screw the hobby for their own benefit (ala PRO/AAA in my opinion)....BUT....if they don't gain the trust of the end customer (due to making obvious, non-educated mistakes) they're toast. Now having said the above (and referring to my previous post), the verdict is still out on Grade-Tech. To date, they have been upfront and honest with this board. Take care!