View Single Post
Old 07-31-2002, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Default Auction Fraud Article

Posted By: Tim

I agree with TBOB 100% about being the new guy getting into card collecting and feeling like a kid in a candy store when they first log into eBay. I was the new guy a year ago. I had been out of card collecting for some 15 odd years with the reason ranging from being a poor college student to I was TOO dam* sick of all of the new card commpanies and numerous new sets flooding the market with millions of dupes of every player. They were all out just to make a buck. If there ever was a time to put cards in the spokes of tires it would be from the 80s to the present time. Back then I was also sick and tired of athletes getting into trouble with drugs and various other stuff so NOW I stick mainly to vintage cards and put FEAR into other bidders in E card auctions! I have had to go through the ropes of learing what the hell card grading was and not to mention which ones may or may not be reputable. I have had my share of experiences with NASA and PRO and now don't even give those cards and cut-outs a second glance if even a first! I can honestly say that since I have gotten back into card collecting that I have thought about giving up again with all of the crooked sh*t that one has to deal with on eBay and in the card collecting world. This board has been a very big help and I hope things stay that way. I feel that I have made some good friends even though I am yet to meet any of you in person.

Tim