View Single Post
Old 08-05-2002, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Default Am I obsessed or have any of you............

Posted By: Brian C Daniels 

Ever watched an auction end and then actually sniffled from great disappointment that you were sniped?? Now, Friggin T-Bob has written me letters ( just to vent ) post auction end describing the angry version of how I feel..swirling curse words like Picasso swirled paint on canvas but tonight I actually wanted to cry! I waited about 15 years for something to appear,ANYWHERE I could find it for ANY price and it did and it went cheap and I already know the buyer is not going to sell it to me for any price because he does not need to and is that kind of guy who has to have all of them. Has anyone else ever felt this way??? I guess to my surprise I once also founfd my childhood teddy bear of sorts! A book by the Scholastic book company from 1970 called " How To Care For Your Monster" and when I wrote the seller and told her how excited I was she sent me the book for free and told me my letter made her cry. My deceased sister had purchased it for me for my 11th birthday and I lost the copy I had and explained this to the seller.It somehow made her day! But at last,tonight..the opposite effect.I'm still in a shock. Does this sensation prove to us how much we love collecting or is ther soemthing I am missing here?