View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Default Counterfeit Kendig Caramel Cards?

Posted By: leon

OK folks, never say that I will not admit a mistake I made. After a little investigating I now believe this to be a fake card (at least overprint-wise). It would make absolutely no sense to be advertising a company that was out of business and/or changed their name for 20 years....

1900 - Kendig Chocolate Company opens in Lititz, Pa.

In 1900, Kendig Chocolate Company, originally founded as a caramel factory, opened in Lititz, Pa.

1902 - Kendig was bought by new owners and changed its’ name to Ideal Cocoa and Chocolate Company and a new plant was built in Lititz

In 1902, Kendig was bought by new owners and changed its’ name to Ideal Cocoa and Chocolate Company. Not long after the name change, a new plant was constructed at 48 North Broad Street in Lititz. The name change supposedly took place on February 14, 1902, now commonly known as Valentine’s Day. Ideal Cocoa was known for their Chocolate Cigars, Nut Lunch Bars, Ideal Almond Bars, Noah’s Arks, and Ideal Cocoa.

I think this might be one of those issues that someone got a good idea on how to make money off of .....

regards all....and hope I am not the high bidder..........