View Single Post
Old 06-20-2002, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Default Koos Vs Sedlock (User Friendly Version)

Posted By: Robert

I had a similar experience where a package just vanished and the seller filed the insurance claim with his local post office.

It takes time to work its way through, but I eventually received a check from them. As the recipient whose name was on the package, I, too, had to file a form (that the post office sent to me all I had to do was return it via mail), affirming that I never received the package.

Of course all of this took a couple of months to go through, but, if you've waited this long, why not?

The real annoying thing is we were told if the package ever did surface, the post office had to destroy it! In my case, it was an uncut strip of 1925 W590s with Frisch, Carey, Alexander, Speaker, Bancroft, and five others that I had won for only $110.

I would much rather have had the cards over the cash, and can only cringe at the thought of some post office employee having to **shred** the uncut strip if it ever surfaces!!

I wonder which of RunScott's methods the USPS would use to crack a graded card case to get at a graded card to then destroy it...