View Single Post
Old 06-19-2002, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Default ...and now for something completely different! (shahid cards!!)

Posted By: petecld

"...again, Pete, please hang me by my thumbs as appropriate punishment." Bravo! Bravo!

Scott, can you skip the melo-dramatics and just focus on the topic? Your response style is starting to match. . .never mind. I recall what Julie said and I found nothing offensive by what she said. Obviously you did take offense and have all the right to do so. It's just unfortunate that since Julie's response this time mentioned a people's ethnic background you decided this comment was somehow a continuation of, or bolstered her previous comment and YOU chose to make her comment "another can of worms."

Where does anyone say you supported what was being reported in the article? Did you really think you were going to introduce this topic, reply to another's post, and NOT get feedback both for and against? Everyone is entitled to an opinion and just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean what you said is any less valueable and the whole, "Elliot, just delete my posts" thing is kinda immature. C'mon, the game isn't going your way so you want to take your ball and go home. Unfortunate to say the very least.

I will say that your first line of the original post does seem a bit light hearted considering the seriousness of the article. That is my opinion and maybe I just took the article more seriously then you did. Doesn't make either one of us right or wrong.

I haven't said the post should be deleted and in no way do I feel the post should be deleted. Scott, I would hope that in the future you will continue to bring to the board more articles you deem fitting but don't take it so personally when people disagree with you.