View Single Post
Old 06-07-2002, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Default Will you return to baseball after another strike?

Posted By: runscott

When this kind of crap happens, I tend to get even more nostalgic, thinking about how I "perceived" the game in the '60s and '70s. It makes me realize how little I like it now. When I lived in Houston I went to about 25-30 games a year. When I lived in Dallas, even more - including the 10 or so a year that I flew to using my flight benefits. But when the strike hit a couple of years after I moved to Atlanta, and Tom Glavine was the players spokesperson, I basically quit going. I still go to a game when I'm in another city, and I still watch on t.v. some, but I have very little respect for these multimillionaires with their gold crosses hanging out of their ears, their whining about not wanting to play in both games of a double-header, or in an afternoon game following a night game, their contract incentives for personal stats rather than team stats. And Bud Selig makes me sick as well. No, this isn't the same game you grew up with. And I predict that the next strike will not harm the vintage market in any great way, but will kill the "refractor-age" cards. Wouldn't that be nice?