View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC is Alive again!

Posted By: jeff

I want to throw an idea out there.

It seems like VCBC is well-loved in the community, and it is probably a reasonably specialized, small community. VCBC is certainly not about to be taken in by Krause and turned into a money-making machine.

But...it's important. To us, anyway.

Would there be support for a replacement of sorts to VCBC? I don't like the idea of stepping in, telling this guy to stop pretending that he can run a magazine and buy it from him, because given the size of the readership (and its close-knittedness, as evidenced on this), the magazine name & subscriber list aren't worth much.

I raise the question because i'd be interested in taking a leading role in such a project. I have a bit of publishing/editing/writing experience, and know lots of folks in academia who publish similar magazines with full knowledge that they're not going to make a fortune, yet recognize the importance of a specialized forum.

I'm very interested in what any of you folks have to say about this. My guess is that the expertise on this board, combined with some of the people we know and deal with (the Lipsets, Knouses, etc. of the world), would be enough to get something like this going.

Comments?

I might even be willing to arrange an alternative delivery method for Julie!

Jeff Sackmann
jeff_sackmann@hotmail.com