View Single Post
Old 04-13-2002, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Default "t206 Origins" page is up - any scans are very welcome

Posted By: runscott

...but I've already expanded that page just a bit, to include scans of other cards using the same photo as the t206 - just added the e95 Chance, so if you can send scans I'll add yours to the Jennings scan.

It also could start an interesting debate: are the t206 portraits always better than the caramel versions? After looking at the Chance pics, I'm sure that's not always the case. The Collins' are very close and the t206 Evers might have an edge over the e95. The Willis pics came from the same b&w, but look nothing alike - I would love the original b&w portraits of these cards to include with the t206/e95 scans side-by-side. I also might take the e96 Jennings portrait over the t206, just because of it's surreal look.

My primary goal for the site is to delve into the production process, so I'll be adding scans of miscuts,scrap,ghosted images, etc., once I decide how to go about it. Pete's "printing process" url would be a great link. Actually, I'm sort of ... WAITING FOR ART AND DOUG'S BOOK FOR MORE INSIGHTS!!!!