View Single Post
Old 04-03-2002, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Default Why I said he was black.

Posted By: vorthian

<< I am so racist, I risked getting kicked off of e-bay so a black guy could get the card he wanted cheaper. >>

Let's suppose this were true, you wouldn't get kicked off of eBay - unless the retractions became excessive.

<< The first thing i noticed was he hardly ever won anything. Out of 14 auctions he had bid in, he had won maybe three. >>

Wow, his/her winning ratio is better than "vorthian". Maybe I am .... a bad bidder.

<< He had bid EXCLUSIVELY on black people: >>

Seriously, who cares what he/she bid on? Using induction to guarantee a conclusion about a person based on their bidding habits is fallacious.

I once bought "The Art of War" and now wonder if anyone thought I was Chinese.

<< "he's poor, bids bad, and he's black, so i thought I'd do him a real favor, and I'd been bidding up under him SO I BLEW IT ALL TO HELL, and ILLEGALLY RETRACTED MY BID" >>

You very well could have replied with that - if that was your choice. Just curious... how do you know he's poor? What differentiates a bad bidder from a good one?

Lastly, a pandora's box has been opened - not because of the comment per se, but because of the assumptions uttered about this bidder.