View Single Post
Old 02-09-2002, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Default Opinions on T206 error cards

Posted By: Charlie

Hi Everyone...some of you know me and some of you don't. I'm going to give you my straight up view on T206 errors (Scott made me do it). I was also trying to send pictures along with explanations but...I couldn't.... Let me also say I'm 45 years old and have been around these cards when they were pretty plentiful...even a Wagner was obtainable for hundreds of dollars. (of course condition was not too good...maybe mint from some grading companies??? Ha Ha )
(1) As far as The No name on front card go, this used to be a fairly common error....collectors would shy away from them for not being "complete"... What happened to them all??? Pretty scarse...There was a card on ebay with I believe a "Team designation and "no Name" or the other way around....unheard of ...very rare or "unique" if the real thing.
(2) Wrong backs or "shifted backs" (or miscuts)where it looks as though there is a 1/4 of one back and 3/4 of the other (same backs of course)...just off centered...used to be around and people did actually collect them... Fairly scarce.
(3) Partial "Ghosts" (on front) is what I call them...is when a color thats added ...say a brown...is kinda like pushed onto the card...causing a spreadout look on the glove and the belt or shoes...only seen one...got one on ebay and it looks trimmed...sure there's more out there somewhere???? Just haven't seen them....no opinion...
(4) Of course you have the partial name on top...name on bottom cards...these are not errors but miscuts... pretty common....Larger examples with more of the names shown...not at all common.
(5) Miscut fronts...where you have 90% or so one player and 10% or so another...not common....but out there...
(6) "Light or Fake Ghost Backs" Cards that come from sheets that were actually placed on sheets that were still wet....not a pronounced image....Not seen often nowadays...
(7) "Actual Ghost Backs" A card where the image of the front is so pronounced on the back of the card that it could never be caused by a "wet sheet"...This is a mystery....Negative???...No one really knows for sure...or does someone?????... Rare
(8) T206 Snodgrass (Nodgrass) Regular Snodrass cards probably has it beat 50 to 1...but examples still coming onto the field.
(9) T206 Fred Mitchell Toronto "No O" error. Excellent card to pick at....very controvertial...only two known!!! and only one graded SGC 80...is there more???
Probably somewhere...Thanks Scott for getting me into this...See ya buddy.