View Single Post
Old 01-21-2002, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Default Elitest card hawkers

Posted By: runscott

Okay, I just irritated another big "PRO" (self-described) dealer. So what. One of the BIG dealers bid on a fake Cobb with a Ty Cobb back a while back. Like an elephant, I never forgot their name. Now I'm seeing that they sell autograph cuts and GUARANTEE authenticity. Sorry, I just don't buy it - who in their right mind would buy an autograph cut on a white index card from someone who bids on fake vintage cards??? So I sent them an email and got a scathing elitest reply about how it must have been their employees and they auction things through Sothebys and Mastro...yak.yak.yak. blah blah ...Barry Halper...blah...blah...I can show anyone the ropes..blah...blah...

I really don't care - I may not be a PRO like this guy claims to be, but I've never bid on a fake Ty Cobb with a fake back and if I was a PRO then none of my employees who I "SHOWED THE ROPES TO" would bid on **** like that either. I could forgive MASTRO one million times for the Ichiro thing before I cut this guy one ounce of slack. Tell me, what do you think?
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=1049128733