View Single Post
Old 12-07-2001, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Default Banned In The USA, I Was Banned In The USA

Posted By: Julie Vognar

It was several auctions ago; the card was a T207 Johnson. (I also won something much nicer--an Old Judge Dummy Hoy, perhaps). I called him, and said there was no gloss (the stuff that cracks all over the place on T207s) on the card, and the borders were almots dead white (instead of gray) and I wanted to return it, because i didn't think I'd ever be able to sell it. It was VERY late, maybe 10 days after i got the card, maybe more. I'd had Mark Macrae look at it, and he agreed I'd never get rid of the thing--it seemed to have been soaked in the bathtub. Lew growled, and said he'd ssen lots of cards (T207) like that, but if I really didn't want it, I could send it back. I've bid in all of his auctions since.

Oh yeah, I also withdrew a BID on a Lipset card: I discovered that his Scrapps Brouthers didn't have the half of his mustache that sticks out beyond the card (common failing in Scrapps). All he said was "You're kidding?!"

But the Dummy Hoy cost a bushel, and I sent him an e-mail the name night the Snakes beat the Yanks, and I always bid whatever I can. His Old Judge grading is O.K. so far, and I'm a good customer, if not a high ticket one.

julie