View Single Post
Old 12-11-2001, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Default And while we're at it....Orange Borders

Posted By: scott brockelman

thanks mike, just wanted to check if any you had any dupe E107's available. i agree that a very thinly traded market, despite how rare an issue may be does not make for a good long term hold. the E300's while quite scarce are basically an anomoly among E cards. as you pointed out earlier, people would beat the doors down for just 1! E107, common or hofer for a type set, the buyers FAR exceed the sellers. comparing to E300 the buyer list would be very scant as would be the seller list, so basically you have a dead market. as for the recent E300's they went to a collector and will not be on the market anytime soon. i guess you could say they are so scarce they are not readily collected, which is basically an asinine statement, as anything scarce is heavily collected. so the hunt continues for the diehard collectors and we armchair collectorbacks(new terminology) second guess the hobby's every move.

scott

p.s. if you may by any chance come across further e107's i would greatly appreciate any opportunity to purchase them, i would pay substantially over market(not book) price, i have over 80 different and am still trying to complete this elusive set.