Thread: Photo section?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2024, 08:26 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
I owned this ball for a few years purchased from Sig Auctions. The Original Owner of the ball would travel to spring training looking to obtain mostly rookie sigs. He coded the balls in red pen and would keep them in their red spalding bags ..also coded. And add others over the course of the spring.
Morton was in Spring training briefly but when sent down he went north to NC.
The Braves and Red Sox played a series of games in North and South Carolina (reliving the cross town Boston rivalry) where minor league players were available from both teams. I was not able to find rosters from all of those games. In fact I found conflicting accounts on how many games were played.
Anyway nice Ball Definitely preseason 1954 Aaron. And might be from the first Fla. Game but not many regular roster player sigs on ball. One that stood out to me was Mel Parnell from Sox who pitched very well in a SC game. I thought that it was another possible game. The code would tell us but I am not sure if the code was passed down to any other collectors.

As for being new and asking for changes.. easy dose it. Many times Single threads contain a ton of knowledge I use a few often. Tickets Scorecards etc.
I was able to find articles on all the spring training games against the red sox. I don't recall seeing any played in North Carolina
Morton wouldn't of been playing for the red sox after mid to late March. Even if for some reason he just happened to be there watching it wouldn't make sense to me for him to sign the ball if he wasn't playing or participating with the team. Also Ben Flowers is on there who was also sent to the minors. The ONLY roster with Ben flowers and Guy Morton playing a spring training game Braves vs Red Sox is March 10th 1954