View Single Post
Old 05-11-2024, 04:01 PM
Tim Odeen

Update:
Today was the first weekend of Little League donations. With the help of Net54 members, and generous collectors on Twitter, I received and organized over 25k cards to make 75 boxes, or more....if I have time. One collector on Twitter sent cash to cover the cost of all the boxes. I even had enough to buy cheap insert sets from 2024 so all the boys could get some big name players in a shiny variation.

This weekend I visited one of the area leagues in the Spokane area. The league asked me to set up a booth near the radar gun and the timed base path run. I went as close to the back stop as possible, because the neighboring field was the HR Derby. I didn't want to get plunked with a foul ball during my skills. They started with a parade, and then let the kids loose for fun and games.

Kids had a choice to choose a game of chance to win one of 40 boxes I brought along. Games were: baseball trivia, rock paper scissor, draw a card from a shuffled deck, or guess the number between 1&5. 97% of kids chose rock paper scissor. One poor boy played me 5 times before winning! If they lost, they had to go to the back of the line and wait, and try again. The boy who tried 5 times looked deathly ill the 5th time I played him. He could see my stack of boxes getting smaller, and smaller, and smaller. Buy he finally won and got a box.

Boxes consisted of old and new! Thanks to Phil, I had enough mid-80s cards to give each box 2 team sets from different years. Then on the box lid I would write the stars and HOF'ers and something that stood out in their career. Hopefully this makes them a bit more curious to investigate baseball history and collect vintage cards.

Next weekend I have my final give away, with anther 35-40 boxes. I had a wonderful time. I was so popular today, I ran out of cards in 20 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 05-11-2024 at 04:04 PM.