View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 05:35 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Nice...cards with blank backs are ideal for writing and stamping.

By the way, you have Zeenut cards from two different sets. Seven cards (Vitt, Strange, Shellenback, Brannan, Bassler, Lelivelt and Moncrief) are from the 48 card 1933 Sepia set, while two cards (Walsh and Pool) are from 1933-36 Zeenut set. The 1933-36 lumped together designation was created due to the fact that for the most part cards with the coupons still attached are required to identify what year a card was distributed. Because of the scarcity of cards with the coupon still attached, as far as I know this task has not been fully accomplished.

You are one card away (Sherlock) from having the full 1933 Sepia Hollywood team set.

Brian
Thanks, Brian, for the info. I love these cards, as much as any of my other cards. It's becoming clear to me that, before the Dodgers and Giants moved west, the old PCL wasn't just another minor league. I will most definitely be on the lookout for Sherlock!

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***