View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 11:57 AM
Howard Chernick

Default Buythatcard Calling It Quits After 21 Years

After selling sport cards for 21 years on eBay, I have decided to finally call it quits.

I will not be listing any new cards. I still have almost 300 cards sitting out in my eBay store. Once I sell off everything, I will say goodbye to eBay. I think the process will still take me atleast 3 months.

I have listed cards everyday for 21 years. I do not believe that I have missed one day.

Business started off as a fun way to make some extra cash. I worked on it a few hours each day after working my full time job. Once I retired from my full time job 5 years ago, I spent atleast 8 hours a day on eBay.

I have met many friends through the business. Have become close with several of my customers even though I never met many of them. I have had a great time chatting on the Net54 boards. Met many people at the shows that I once attended. I have also come across some of the biggest jerks doing business on eBay.

I am planning on moving to Las Vegas to be closer to my daughter. So, I want to focus my time on searching for a new home and getting ready for the big move.

I am selling off all of my supplies at discounted prices. Check my thread in the Memorabilia group. Not sure whether I was able to list the items in this group.

It's been a great run and I am going to go through severe withdrawal symptoms.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard