View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 07:20 AM
J@son Per1

Default Question on some E91-C American Caramels

I recent grabbed a lot of 5 raw E91-C Red Sox cards pictured below. Really pumped up, although I have a number of questions about these cards and the set itself that I'm hoping the experts can answer. If there's a prior thread to point me to, I'd appreciate that as well:

1. Are these authentic? I think they're good although I will say other than the odd hand cuts these are really clean, especially in back. Hopefully not too clean, as I doubt these are heavily counterfeited cards, but just want to make sure. The backs look so much cleaner than my slabbed TH Speaker, although it's highly plausible that card was just handled much more.

2. Will SGC grade these? I will probably ask them directly but curious for opinions. I am fine with "A" grades although I'm concerned the odder miscuts won't fit into their base tobacco card slab. I definitely don't want any Evidence of Trimming nonsense on the slab either.

3. Regarding the set itself, is every card essentially hand cut, just some better than others? Or are there factory cuts? If everything is hand cut, would it be worth considering touching up some of my bad cuts before sending for slabbing? Or is that blasphemy? I like the idea of slabbing them for uniformity, although it's not really necessary I know. Thanks.