View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 09:47 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
I have been putting together the '57 set for a long time and this type of variance is very common.

I just started, and I figure that, based on the condition and eye appeal I want, it’s going to take me at least ten years to complete it. That’s okay, too. Building the set is the fun part, especially knowing you did it one card at a time.

My focus at the moment is on the ‘57 Braves. I picked up a PSA 6 Warren Spahn, and have beautiful Johnny Logan and Billy Bruton examples. My Joe Adock was listed as delivered today, but no sign of it. The mailbox was empty, so I’m going to have to hunt it down.

I also have beautiful examples of Reese, Gil Hodges and Ted Williams, and this really strong Willie Mays. The eye appeal of it far surpasses the technical grade.

Centering on all the cards I buy is a must. It will cost me, but eye appeal is so important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.