View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 12:44 PM
Fred

There is so much stuff graded by SGC. This isn't like GAI because collectors/hobbyist/investors understood the difference between older graded GAI cards and the later graded GAI cards. In my opinion, that's why cards in a GAI slab sells at a discount when compared to PSA and SGC.

If PSA were to shutter SGC, then most collectors/hobbyist/investors understand that SGC cards are probably on par with PSA when the actual grade is concerned, however, it seems that SGC slabbed cards get the same or a little less than PSA cards. Bottom line, it's the appeal of the card to the buyer that's going to dictate the final price in a sale (not auction).

I'd be surprised if PSA were to merge/add the SGC population to the PSA registry.

In the end, who gives a crap? It's all the same because nothing really changes when considering the apathetic attitude taken with regard to all the TPGs inability to be consistent in assessing pieces of cardboard.