View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 12:23 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCow View Post
I personally think that everything has become worse over at Goldin, in the past I could negotiate and get at least 10% of the buyer's premium without any problems, today it is difficult to get anything at all.

I usually sell cards and tickets in the $5,000 - $70,000 range.

Today I have some auctions going, I managed to get a 110% deal on them but it's the last time I sell anything over at Goldin, I have decided to transfer my sales over to Probstein instead.
I would look also at REA and Heritage as well with those values. I’ve never consigned with Goldin and don’t think I ever will since they do not have a public number for customers to call. I’ve been frustrated in years past waiting in responses for auction descriptions, shipping options, and payment methods. Not too mention possible rebates on consignments. So, I hope Goldin enjoys being a virtual company which includes the vault and all. I think I’ll stick with the old fashion way of dealing with a brick and mortar kind of company where I can still talk to someone live on the phone from time to time.

Last edited by BeanTown; 02-27-2024 at 12:23 PM.