View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 11:14 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshleon View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I have been noticing that many Chicago - American portraits with a Sov150 back AND when OC to the top, seem to have a huge white bottom border. This would seem to tell me that the White Sox ports printed with Sov150 backs were on the bottom row. Any other portraits (or other team poses with sov150) out there showing the same?

Here are three of mine for an example.
Most likely it has something to do with the way some of the Sovereign 150 sheets were cut. There's evidence that a large portion of the print group 1 subjects were printed on sheets with the same subject for the entire vertical row.

The Piedmont 150 plate scratch sheets show the Chicago White Sox players spread out over a few different sheets.
Plate scratch sheets 1-4.jpg
0 Sheet 1A.jpg
2B new.jpg

Of the three subjects that you show Parent and Dougherty don't have confirmed plate scratches and Sullivan is a top corner edge scratch so it's not possible to assign him to a plate scratch sheet.

Sullivan was most likely on the left front edge of the Sovereign sheet.

His plate scratch that I mentioned matches the scratch found on Chase pink portrait I have a couple the Sullivan scratches with a top crop mark and I've seen the Chase scratch with the same crop mark.
1 Chase-Sullivan.jpg

I have seen a number of crop marks on both Sullivan and Chase including a few corner crops of Chase on different backs
Chase Pink crop line back.jpg
Chase.jpg

I also have a Sullivan Sovereign 150 with a bottom crop mark
Sullivan Sovereign crop mark.jpg