View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 07:25 AM

To each his own. I do understand how people would appreciate the aesthetically-pleasing aspects of some of the binders/slipcases as featured in this thread. Just my personal opinion, but other than that aspect, I'm not seeing the rationale for spending that kind of money for binders.

I'm of the camp that values functionality and practicality over aesthetics. We spend so much on the cards and memorabilia already. Some would use that as an argument for buying the expensive binders. I understand that line of thinking, but it's not for me. I'd rather use that money to buy more cards, thanks. Sturdy, safe binders can be found with ease for next to nothing practically everywhere you turn. Online secondhand sellers, thrift stores. Just make sure they are sturdily constructed, have D rings and that the clasps are all flush where they click together.

Some of the best binders I've found were free of charge. People just give this stuff away. They all work fine. Just can't justify the prices I'm seeing for some of these. Not seeing anything special with the products. Keep in mind, however, that I only store raw cards and ephemera in my binders.

Keep an eye out for law firms that are downsizing/remodeling or a lawyer who may be retiring. Very beautiful and once-expensive binders can be found this way. And, if it's uniformity you seek in your binders, this strategy tends to pay off in that respect as well.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 02-11-2024 at 07:44 AM.