View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 11:00 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I love how I am supposed to think it is stupid and harms no one to tweak corners, press out creases, etc.

I would like feedback on how this is all perfectly wonderful and acceptable from the innocent buyers of what they thought were kosher cards that were exposed on BODA and the card lost most of it's value overnight and has a scarlet letter for the life of google search. Especially those that received no compensation, or realized their PSA number is sandwiched between a pile of identified cards in submissions and have to look at a previously loved card with a sideways eye they spent their full savings on?

The video that started this thread is honestly the most innocent Kurt's has posted, the others are majority pure alterations. To say misrepresentation hurts no one is silly, if they were labeled as authentic or authentic altered, I wouldn't care nor have reason to. The truth is when items are misrepresented and overpaid for, there are real victims. They lose real money if/when these cards are exposed.
I disagree regarding the devaluation of said cards. The market has clearly shown that it doesn't give two clucks about what cert numbers have been outed by BODA or which cards make it onto that completely unusable Tiffany Cards database. As long as the cert is still valid, the cards can be bought and sold pretty much anywhere at full market pricing. People who say otherwise are not looking at the data, but rather are projecting based on that which they wish to be true. Rightly or wrongly, it is what it is.