View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 10:23 PM
Phil Reich

I am honestly shocked at how strongly Mauer is tracking. To me, at best, he is borderline, no way no how a first ballot.

Beltre....a lock. Just wondering at this point what % he'll land at. Glad I picked up his Savannah Sand Gnats minor league cards when I did. The two people that left Beltre off their ballots should have their voting privileges revoked.

Helton deserves it. Fantastic player. The Coors argument is way overblown.

Jones should be in. Yeah the second half of his career was abysmal, like Miggy's last five years, but the first 10 years, he was a monster of a player. I don't know, at almost 63 overall WAR, 430 HRs, 2000 hits, and 10 gold gloves (by most people's accounts, legitimately owning that position for those ten years), that to me is HOF worthy.

Beltran should be in. Phenomenal player. That stupid garbage can incident.....way too overblown.

Wagner was phenomenal for a long time but closers typically don't get much love. Wonder how Kimbrel will eventually fare. He is in Wagner's territory imo.

Sheffield was a great player but he has the specter of PEDs hanging over him....then again, you have Piazza, Pudge, Bags, and most recently, Big Pappi already in....

Last edited by Svabinsky78; 01-17-2024 at 10:30 PM.