View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 07:17 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Def pretty cool packaging.
I’m sure you realize that eBay could shove 3 $100 bills in the holder for no reason and 80% of the people on the board would find a reason to complain about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Ebay Authenticated - holy crap, I wasn’t expecting thi
I won an ebay auction that had a graded card that met the ebay authentication criteria. The overall process was 9 days (from the beginning of 2024). The following pictures just don’t do the packaging justice. I mean it’s much better than it appears in the pictures. I’m not a fan of ebay or the ebay verification, but if you had to judge them on the presentation, it’s a “10”. This isn’t an endorsement, just an observation.

An email was received indicating the card would be delivered on a specific day and it arrived on time.

The package seemed nicely taped shut.

Attachment 605018

The packing tape was carefully cut and the box was opened. Inside the box was another container made of sturdy material. It was accompanied by a note printed on premium stock. The obverse of the stock was also nice (same color as the box inside the package).

Attachment 605019

The blue box was removed and it was found that there was a “flap” on it that had a magnet to keep it closed. The white outline indicates the location of the magnet.

Attachment 605020

After opening the blue container (not an actual box because it’s sans the sides) the slab was found to be secured by (4) elastic straps at the corners. The container is nice grade packaging. It’s fairly impressive for being what it is. In any case, I was just floored by the presentation and thought, hey, this is pretty cool, but in the end, it’d be a pain to store the graded cards like this. But it sure is pretty…

The only thing I can see happening bad is if some butt head uses it to display/sell a card that was substituted in the holder with the implication that ebay authenticated that false card. Saul Goodman – this is some pretty nice packaging. Just surprised to see it so nicely done. I mean, DANG!

Attachment 605021