View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 03:16 PM

Thank you everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Really well done but not a huge fan of cutting apart jerseys, bats and, most remarkably, what must have been a real sweet Jackie Autographed ball. Ouch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I agree with that, for sure.

That said, the work you've done is fantastic. After I saw what you did with the A35 album, I was wondering what else you'd come up with.

Just curious, what does the back of the Tinkers-Evers-Chance piece look like? An assumption is that the backs of the cards are visible.

Are you a graphics artist? Or is this just a hobby that you tinker with? Do you have a website that we can look at that shows what you've made so far? I'd be more than happy to look at the work.

Thank you for sharing!

Yes, the cutting up part is a polarizing part of doing these. Most of the time, I utilize pieces that, as full pieces, are not the greatest ... (I did a jumbo dual auto of Jordan and Brady, and the sigs didn't look great, but displayed well with my art.)

Regardless, people send me stuff, be it a ball, jersey, etc. that they don't like all that much, and would prefer a card instead - that is kind of my wheelhouse! For relics, I typically will use donor cards - for example, the Jackie, I used a couple licensed game used cards to harvest the pieces.

As for the Tinker/Evers/Chance ... gahhh, I've been wanting to do one forever! Here is a quick video - the video tells a much better story of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ESss0kskA

You can see a lot of my work at www.instagram.com/tanmanbaseballfan - I'm commissioned all the time