View Single Post
Old 12-24-2023, 02:25 PM
Phil

Stuart's Drive Inns operated out of Houston, TX; there's some memorabilia on the Internet identifying the restaurant. I was given a vintage flannel as a gift from a friend a few months ago, also produced by Rawlings, and I'm also trying to accurately determine its age. Mine says "Parkwood Chevrolet" on the back and has an "L" on the front; it's also a vest style. I did some digging and found out that Parkwood Chevrolet was located in Lakewood, California, which explained why there was the "L". I am still looking for photos to determine it's exact age; I guess it from the late 50s-early 60s.

You can narrow the the period down by contacting collectors from the Houston area to see of they had seen this style of uniform. If you have the time to access any of the Houston newspapers from the 50s-60s that could also lead to identifying its age. There's a Net54 member, Chris Counts, who is quite familiar with flannels. Hopefully, he's seen your posting and can help, or you could also message him directly.

That's a great looking jersey!

Phil aka Tere1071

Currently trying to assemble lower grade Topps Baseball sets from 1967-69.