View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 08:46 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I am all for it, frankly.

As a buyer, I've come around to it because of some things I've seen. A friend of mine nearly got burned at a show with a fake 1963 Rose in a PSA holder. He bought it on faith in PSA across our table and when I got a good look at it and pulled out the loupe and microscope, it was clear that the seller was printing fake cards and flips and using resealed PSA holders to sell them. Since it was in person, my friend tracked down the seller to ask for his money back 'politely' and got paid, but on eBay he would have been screwed--unless the card went through authentication.

As a seller, I appreciate the rules that (1) make me not responsible for shipping snafus as long as the card got to the authenticator OK and (2) cut off returns once the card is authenticated.

There is a lot of bad stuff out there, whether it is concealed condition flaws, fake slabs, or fake cards. Hell, I bought a $200 fake last month and had to fight to get a refund, which I did ultimately via an eBay case that took over a month to complete. If the card had gone for authentication, it would have been caught immediately. As long as there isn't a cost to it (if they charge for it, definitely want the opt-out right), the program is a form of insurance against the most blatant frauds. It will have flubs but it will catch some bad stuff too, even if it takes an extra week or two for the card to get to me, which I don't think is a big deal. I'm not four years old; I won't pitch a hissy fit if I don't get my GI Joe with the kung fu grip right away, but I will if I open my package and the damn thing is broken.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 12-20-2023 at 08:49 AM.