View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 11:58 AM
Tim Odeen

I think in baseball, the identity is formed in the playoffs. Only for a select special teams does their identity form through the entire season, or across multiple years. Many teams don't gain national recognition until the playoffs when their games are televised coast to coast.

In recent memory, the 90s Braves would be "Hardluck." The late 90s NYY, as Packs said, is the greatest dynasty of my lifetime. The 2002 Angels had the Rally Monkey. The 2003 Marlins were the daycare babies, under the tutelage of the ancient Jack McKeon. So many players on that team were so young: Miguel Cabrera and Josh Beckett are the best examples. The 2011 Cardinals were never say die (best WS I've ever seen...until the Reds win their next one).
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo