View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 08:23 PM
Jim Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
It sucks to have something you wanted come up in auction, take the step to have the auctioneer move the time, miss it, have another chance, and then have that slip through your fingers. Especially on a rare PC item, that stings.

I agree with a few others though. The fact that the auctioneer moved up the auction or sale definitely didn't mean that no one else had a right to pursue the item. And since you did not have a deal worked out with the buyer, I also don't see him as reneging on a deal.

Frustrating sure. Could he have communicated better or held his tongue initially. Of course. But not sure that makes him dishonest etc.

I'd ask him to just connect you with the brother and see whether there is a chance to work something out now or later.
The auctioneer hadn't set a price yet, so when I asked him to run this item first for me as I was at work, I expected him to give a number and that I'd have a chance to take it or pass. If I was in an auction and someone asked for something (as I've seen in the past), I would have waited for them to pass before pursuing.

I didn't have a deal worked out, but he messaged me offering to sell it when it arrived and then went back on that without giving me the chance to buy. That's a shitty move in my book.

Last edited by Vintagedeputy; 12-10-2023 at 08:25 PM.