View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 06:18 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Default T3/T9 Turkey Red coupons - confirming the possible combinations

My primary interest here is related to timeframes and the Jack Johnson card. Johnson's rights were almost certainly secured late, probably when American Lithography secured the rights to the fight film of his famous hype fight with Jeffries. T3/T9 and T218 (no baseball cards in it) were both amended on the fly to include the champion among its subjects without waiting for the next series; hence why we have the 1-75 and 1-76 back variations on the T3's.

I do not own or collect the coupons.

Coupons from Turkey Red (numbered 11-56), Fez and Old Mill (numbered 11-58) were redeemable for the cards, as noted on the backs. The back of the coupons have the checklists. I believe there should be 9 total backs, 3 for each brand: 1-75, 1-76, and 77-126.

I'm hoping members can share what they have or have images of and confirm the 9 combinations all, in fact, exist. I hope to piece together with all the other evidence I have gathered to see if it leads anywhere useful in brand dating etc. My apologies if this has been shown somewhere online before, but I have never found it or seen it.

Here's Old Mill 1-75 and 77-126, from the ever helpful t3turkeyred.com site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbb.jpg (66.8 KB, 87 views)