View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 08:22 PM
Fred

Nice catch guys!

Why do TPGs encapsulate and label items like post cards incorrectly? I thought the "new" SGC did not like encapsulating items (like post cards and CDVs) they could not correctly label.

My understanding is that SGC didn't want to encapsulate a CDV of Ezra Sutton because they couldn't be sure it was him. However they did encapsulate a team CDV which had Sutton in the team photo. SGC totally blew it when they didn't encapsulate the Sutton CDV because the consignor could have gotten a bit more for the item if it were in a slab.

Look at the following comparison. How could SGC have missed this. Part of the team CDV is on the right (that team CDV was encapsulated). The CDV of Sutton is on the left. Look closely, the picture of Sutton in the team CDV is almost the same image as the other CDV. The understanding is that all the CDVs came in the same scrap book. Wow, I used to stand up for SGC in the past, but anymore, I'm not a huge fan.

Sutton CDV_1.jpg