View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 07:32 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Is it just me or does the number of bids seem way down from prior auctions? With a little over a week to go there was almost a two hour break between bids this afternoon.
I don't recall the activity rate of the last auction, but for me the auction is at the stage where I don't have any reason to bid. I have qualified and been outbid on all the lots I am interested in, but none of them have gone up to the point where if I don't get the next bid in, they will have gone past what I would be willing to pay. I will see how the bidding plays out and decide nearer the end which lots I will continue to bid on.

The only time I bid in the middle of the bidding period is if I notice a lot that I have not noticed before...which does sometimes still happen if I get a printed catalog. No matter how intently I look at the the online listing, I do sometimes see things I missed in the catalog.
My avatar is a drawing of a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron by my daughter. If you are interested in one in a similar style based on the card of your choice, details can be found by searching threads with the title phrase Custom Baseball Card Artwork or by PMing me.