View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 01:51 PM
Fred

I'm still trying to understand why anybody would want to keep their cards in a "vault" unless they plan to resell it (and probably quickly). If you're a hobbyist/collector, why would you not want to have your cardboard in your hands?

What happens if the business that maintains possession of the card(s) loses the card? I realize that would be the last thing a business wants because then everyone would be scrambling to get their stuff out of the vault. Have there been many high profile cases of a vault company losing a card?

It seems this type of business model would be great for a flipper. But there also seems to be a lot of potential for monkey business.

How many vault businesses are there? The way I see it, if fleabay (I believe they have a vault service) drops out of the vault business, then it means there's a legitimate sustainability issue for the business model because they are a publicly traded company with potential for a lot of blow back if any monkey business is found out for them.

When I see fleabay get out of the vault business, then that will tell me the business model is probably flawed and that the other businesses are potentially/possibly/probably involved in some shady practices. For now I'm of the opinion that this vault venture is like anything else, you get the wrong element in it and you have recipe for fraud and abuse.