View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 08:32 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Whenever I assume something, I make a wrong assumption.

Several weeks ago, unamuzd1 (hey, Morey) contacted me about whether a card he had seen on eBay with Howe’s stamp was one I needed. I responded it wasn’t among the approximate 120 I still needed. He asked if there was a list I had of the cards I needed and I responded it is a pretty long list, no one would actually want to look through it all. He asked again that I send him the list.

In the past week, he discovered that two of the cards he had purchased from Scott late last year were ones I had missed out on. Today, they rejoined the others as I try and build a complete set with Howe’s stamp. Thanks for being insistent, Morrie, and proving my assumptions wrong.

What really has me pumped about the Mullen card is that it completes a page in the binder. My complete pages in the binder probably wouldn’t match anyone else’s, since I know Howe didn’t have either a Demmitt or O’Hara St. Louis. Everything after Demmitt is either one or two cards off from a “complete” set.

I’m missing only one card on two other pages that I know exist with Howe’s stamp (both were in Scott’s auctions that I missed out on – Charlie Carr and Jimmy Jackson). I know the owner of a copy of the Carr card, but he hasn’t responded in several weeks after an initial agreement to sell.

If you have any cards with Howe’s stamp that you might be willing to part with, please let me know. Several pages are missing five cards, many of which I’ve not seen an example of in almost 20 years. I’d be interested to hear if you have any of the missing 117 from here on out, even if you aren’t looking to sell or trade. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6790.jpg (197.7 KB, 872 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6791.jpg (210.1 KB, 872 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6792.jpg (197.4 KB, 868 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6794.jpg (196.5 KB, 877 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6795.jpg (193.9 KB, 871 views)