View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 02:01 PM
Phil Garry

You are absolutely right there, nobody knows the down modern (and vintage almost equally) basketball market like I do. Back in 2021, I bought one card each, every one was a rookie patch/jersey auto graded 8 or higher (except one 2001 Jordan that ended up grading an SGC 5 of the following players: Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Luka, Joker, Giannis, Harden, Lillard, Kyrie, A Davis, Trae, 4 Ja’s, along with non-autos of: LeBron, Kobe, Jordan, Hakeem, Barkley, Duncan, Dirk, K Malone. Let’s say I spent $56K for all of those, which is pretty accurate, I sold everything this year as prices continued to plummet all year long before they got down to zero and grossed roughly $19K. That’s close to a 70% loss on everything mentioned there. Does anyone think I made the wrong player choices on who to buy? And, this is not including the Wilt, Oscar, West, Kareem, Dr J and Bird/Magic that are all down roughly the same percentage but I have decided to hang on to those thus far.

Nothing has taken a beating like the basketball card market as that was the most overinflated to begin with and most manipulated by particular influencers, auction houses, players, sneaker heads, and fractional share companies. That’s why I started a separate thread a week or two ago looking to name names of who was responsible for this.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 11-09-2023 at 02:08 PM.