View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 10:42 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

There is a big difference between talking up your cards and pumping. For example, Ryan (hey Ryan) has some great Wagner portraits. Wagner is hot. Ryan is allowed to talk about his collection.

What I would think is pumping is if Ryan is talking up his Wagner's and how great of a buy this is and then selling right after (or having the intent to sell). Ryan - I am watching auction houses for your Wagners!! lol

Where I think you see that more - as mentioned earlier in this thread - is on youtube, where people are pumping quick flips. Again, that is their business, no judgment at all.

To be honest, I think we all have a sense of what a collectors true intention is. And for most of us who wander aimlessly on here for no reason other than to talk about cardboard, I wouldn't classify 99% of us as pumpers.

Some things that tell me you aren't a pumper: you have a flickr, you are on here more than 5x a day to read content, and you take out your cards at least once a week to look at them.

It is naturally to talk about your cards and why they are great buys. I tell my friends all the time why Ruth and Cobb are great buys. I am not trying to pump them, but I can also see why people think that. I am just talking about cards I like, not hoping that a random friend props up my Cobb postcard prices so I can sell them.

PS - Ty Cobb rookie postcards are hot

PPS - For sale, Ty Cobb rookie postcards. DM me.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums