View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 06:14 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Now that the auction is over I will re-post some of the information that several people asked to remove.

I believe that all of the 350/460 print group 3 subjects were printed with brown ink only and that any of them in the pop reports listed as black are incorrectly labeled.

Davis - Copy.jpg

Doyle (with bat) - Copy.jpg

Lake (no ball) - Copy.jpg

Davis comparison.jpg

Doyle comparison.jpg

Lake comparison.jpg

The 460 only print group 4 subjects however were printed with both black and brown.

Schlei (portrait) - Copy.jpg

Schlei (portrait) back - Copy.jpg

I also want to add that I think it's wrong to create a fake provenance or ownership of any card but especially a card like the Greminger. I know if I owned the Greminger I would want to know the history of the card.

I don't know the exact year but it was originally sold in a Lew Lipset auction many year ago and was purchased by Louis Despres who had it until it was sold in a 2010 REA auction where it was purchased by David Hall who had it until it was sold it in a 2019 Heritage where it was purchased by Ryan who as far as I know still has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
A "true-blue" Brown OLD MILL back which most likely resulted when the printer was running tests with the brown ink
he printed the brown HINDU Southern Leaguers.
Furthermore, on this card he also ran printer's tests using the red Factory #649 overprint.

Incidently, this card was in my collection years ago. I believe Ryan is the current owner now.

TED Z

T206 Reference