View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 10:00 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Detroit Collector View Post
Biased opinion, but I want Jim in.
I can't see it as a Tiger's diehard.

I spent several a night post game with him and the coaching staff at Ye Olde Saloon in Royal Oak. They would come in and drink a few while Jim stepped outside every 30 minutes for a smoke. The man is a super nice guy and as a person I have not a single bad thing to say about him. He will chat with anyone that sits next to him.

Jim himself out of the picture, the actual post season work he did on the Tigs was rough. He was a regular season manager and couldn't plan a WS game for much. There are a few years there in which he had possibly one of the greatest starting pitching staffs in modern baseball (relievers/closers were sometimes questionable). He needed to clean up his hitting coaches and never did. It was just post-season failures one after another.

A great guy, but not HOF. Not a fan of any on that list, but it is now the Hall of pretty decent nice guys...so with that qualification who knows?

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.