View Single Post
Old 10-16-2023, 12:12 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas00 View Post
Anybody know what's going on with Goldins shipping times? I have a friend who's been waiting over two weeks for his win to ship, and I've been waiting nearly a week and a half for mine. That is unacceptable for a large auction house. I've never had it take longer than 3 days, and I've bought from many different AHs.
To be fair to Goldin, I think this really depends on how the payment is made. If you send the payment by personal check or ACH, the auction house needs to wait for that payment to clear which often takes 2 weeks. This is common for all auction houses across the board. I sent my payment to Goldin via wire, and they took one week to ship after my payment. I thought this was a reasonable shipping time. I would also expect around a week if you paid by credit card.

The part that I do think is unreasonable for Goldin which I mentioned earllier in this thread is that in their invoice, Goldin states that if they do not receive payment within a week, they will start adding late payment fees. I still believe this is completely unreasonable, and they should revert to the industry standard of 2 weeks to receive payment. Often times, if you drop a check in the mail, it will not even arrive at the destination in one week, so I think this is unfair.