View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 10:04 PM

Prior to 24 hours ago, my son and I were very happy with our "Black" Lenox Schlei. I had never thought of it being Brown, thus had never thoroughly looked at it under a loupe. After seeing Pat's comments about the card potentially being Brown, I decided to look at it more closely. It wasn't the typical Jet Black you see with Lenox, or Carolina Brights. It definitely leaned dark dark Brown, not a true Black. It had a warm hue to it, and felt more "espresso". Pat's side by side comparison above with a true Black example is an accurate visual. I've owned many Lenox's over the years, Black and Brown, after my close analysis in hand, under a loupe, this one leans dark Brown.

Here's a few more images, one is next to a Carolina Brights (true Black), and the others are close ups of the Schlei, adjacent to the black insert in the SGC holder.

(Thanks to Pat for pointing it out and encouraging me take a deeper look at it. If I sell or trade it (which I may, as I already have another Brown Lenox), I will give Pat a little something, as a gesture.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Schlei-Evers.jpg (65.5 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg Close up 1.jpg (137.9 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg Close up 2.jpg (117.8 KB, 218 views)