View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell View Post
I have consigned millions of dollars worth of cards to Heritage and purchased millions in cards and other memorabilia from Heritage. I have found Chris and Derek to be extremely professional and have recommended them to many. As I now understand that the individual lots remained open after the set was sold to me those bids are legally a nullity. The set was sold to me clear and simple and fair and square. This is now fair to the consignor because the lot closed. I believe that Heritage is the best auction house in the world and will do the right thing.

Thanks,

Powell
I agree. As I was watching your lead slip away last night I thought that they should have closed the individual lots at the same time as the full set lot was closed. In my mind you won the set (and I’m begging the usual Net 54 lawyers who will surely flood this thread with 5000 posts about the various legal angles to do so on another thread). My experience with Heritage is that they very well may do the right thing here. However, by doing so they will cost their consigner money by canceling numerous single lot bids. They should make that difference up to the consigner and declare Powell the set winner. That’s really the only fair way to resolve this.

Edited to add: the single lot winners should also be compensated somehow as they would be harmed as well by this resolution.

Last edited by calvindog; 09-30-2023 at 09:27 PM.